Compile errors in kdemultimedia

Raphaƫl Junqueira fenix at club-internet.fr
Mon Nov 18 20:14:13 GMT 2002

On Monday 18 November 2002 18:44, Jeff Stuart wrote:
> First, I'd like to say congrats KDE team!  I've only had 2 areas of KDE
> not compile for me from the latest KDE CVS!  As of a couple of weeks
> ago, I couldn't have had said that!

> This is one of the two areas. :)  KDE Multimedia.  Attached is the
> relevant error messages from the compile.  For the first two files that
> have compile problems, it's VERY possible/even probable that I don't
> have all the proper Alsa files installed properly.  If that's the case,
> if someone could point me to the relevant docs.

only two, great ;p

> However, the yaf stuff, I have NO clue at all why it's not working.
>
> Since it's very possible it's a config problem on my end for any of the
> above errors, I've not yet filed a bug report.  If it's NOT a config
> problem, I'll be happy to file the bug report.
>
> Here is my configure command:
>
> /usr/local/src/kde-cvs/kdemultimedia/configure
> --srcdir=/usr/local/src/kde-cvs/kdemultimedia --disable-cdparanoia
> --enable-final --enable-audio=oss,alsa --with-arts-alsa
> --without-cdparanoia

arf, kmidi (TIMIDITY) doesn't like alsa 0.9 ;) and kdemultimedia guys doesn't
have check alsa version in kmidi configure.in for disabling alsa support on
kmidi use only --enable-audio=oss (--enable-audio is a specific kmidi option)
(for me oss not compile too ;( ... i have to disable kmidi)

the second error seems a stdc++ linkage mistake ... ;(

> Any pointers would be much appreciated.

 FeniX