Sound in KMail

scsitwo at tfz.net scsitwo at tfz.net
Sat Jul 6 20:43:26 BST 2002

I am new to Linux and have KMail 1.4 in KDE 3.0.0 on SuSe 8.0. I note in the
KMail Network/Receiving settings that I can select various things to happen
when I receive mail such as notification via the system beep, etc. Well, I
have a wav file I wish to play. Most mail clients in other OS's allow you to
select the default sound or browse for a different sound. I see that KMail
asks for a command line rather than simply a file name to execute a sound.
So...lets say I have /stuff/garbage.wav and I want it to play when a message
arrives (embedded rather than having an app pop up to play it). What is linux
looking for to execute something to play /stuff/garbage.wav in an embedded
manner?