BIC Problem with KPlayObjectFactory resolved

Matthias Welwarsky matze at stud.fbi.fh-darmstadt.de
Sat Aug 31 11:50:49 BST 2002

Hi all,

as I'm hacking along, I wonder if it isn't possible to hide all the complexity
of creating a KPlayObject asynchronously within KPlayObject itself. It's kind
of a proxy object anyway, and it should be possible to make it a real proxy
for the case that it's being created for a stream.

The Idea:

if created for a stream, it uses KPlayObjectCreator to create a Playobject in
the background, faking all calls to its interface to return some reasonable
default values. As soon as the Playobject is ready, it replaces the
originally stored Null Playobject.

I kind of like this idea, because it would not only be binary but even source
compatible, so noatun or kaboodle would not need any change at all.

What do you think?

regards,
	matze

--
Matthias Welwarsky
Fachschaft Informatik FH Darmstadt
Email: matze at stud.fbi.fh-darmstadt.de

"all software sucks equally, but some software is more equal"