Kontact Touch and N9 30.2012.07-1 upgrade

Laszlo Papp lpapp at kde.org
Wed Feb 29 09:46:30 UTC 2012

Hi,

Since it is not tightly related topic to KDE, you might get help more
swiftly on some Harmattan related medium, like
"http://forum.meego.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7". There are already
topics about SSU updates in general, but also for PR1.2. :) Anyway,
see my comments below.

2012/2/29 Bernhard Reiter <bernhard at intevation.de>:
> JFYI:
> With Kontact Touch installed on the N9 and developer mode enabled,
> the upgrade from monday (towards 30.2012.07-1) does not work
> from the gui.

Did It write something worth mentioning, like "Interrupted" for others
? Have you checked the syslog out ?

> apt-get upgrade would update 29 packages and hold back some.
> but apt-get dist-upgrade would update 720. I haven't done the
> upgrade yet.
>
> So I have not found the reason why the gui does not work.
> Hints towards the analysis welcome.

Have you tried to remove the "custom" repositories to restore the
"factory" state in that respect ? It caused issues for the people
previously. Also, it happened the way, the update was partially
successful afterwards, but the kernel was not updated. In that case,
"/sbin/reboot -u" might help.

Best Regards,
Laszlo Papp