Kontact Touch 4.8 Packages (conflict free installation)

Andre Heinecke aheinecke at intevation.de
Wed Feb 29 09:46:06 UTC 2012

Hi

Am Mittwoch 29 Februar 2012 10:11:13 schrieb Laszlo Papp:
> Hi David,
>
> > Security problem (devicelockd) :
> > /usr/lib/libXcursor.so.1.0.2
>
> Have you installed it from the Nokia source or some custom repository
> ? If not from Nokia source, that is probably the reason for this
> behavior. It was a bug in older firmwares (not aegis, no) about the
> MALF situation with the system services.

libxcursor comes from our kde-packages the files.kolab.org repository contains
version 1.10-2 from:
https://build.pub.meego.com/package/show?package=libxcursor&project=home%3Arzr%3Aharmattan

> > I googled and found https://bugreports.qt-project.org/browse/QTBUG-21955
> > and http://wiki.meego.com/N950/Fixing_MALF_state but I'm too clueless to
> > know if this is actually related :-)
>
> Yes, it is the same cause we investigated a lot back then. :) Was not
> a handy cake-walk when the devices "exploded" at the Qt Developer Days
> in Munich with the Qt3D packages. ;)
>
> > I'm afraid that re-flashing will be the only solution, but that means
> > losing data (e.g. contacts that are not saved on the SIM card) :(
>
> Correct.
>
> It seems to support the "--erase-user-data=secure" option.
> http://tablets-dev.nokia.com/maemo-dev-env-downloads.php?f=flasher_3.12.1_a
>md64.deb
>
> Although, you might not need that option at all. Flashing, even
> official, Nokia images are not possible in certain cases with
> devicelock activated.
>
> > Strangely enough, doing the exact same installation on Sabine's N9 didn't
> > lead to this problem. But I have more developer tools installed on mine.
>
> It is another sign for facing the same issue as with Qt3D back then.
> Unfortunately, It was only happening randomly, even on the same
> device; once, after 2 weeks, once almost immediately.

Argh so that can be a very nasty problem.
Laszlo do you have any advice how to fix this in the packaging?

Should we advise to uninstall the libxcursor package and all
packages depending on it (kontact-touch) until we figured out a workaround
for this Meego bug?
The solution for Qt3D was to get their library into the official repository
correct?

Regards,
Andre

--