Kontact Touch 4.8 Packages (conflict free installation)

Laszlo Papp lpapp at kde.org
Wed Feb 29 09:11:13 UTC 2012

Hi David,

> Security problem (devicelockd) :
> /usr/lib/libXcursor.so.1.0.2

Have you installed it from the Nokia source or some custom repository
? If not from Nokia source, that is probably the reason for this
behavior. It was a bug in older firmwares (not aegis, no) about the
MALF situation with the system services.

> I googled and found https://bugreports.qt-project.org/browse/QTBUG-21955
> and http://wiki.meego.com/N950/Fixing_MALF_state but I'm too clueless to know
> if this is actually related :-)

Yes, it is the same cause we investigated a lot back then. :) Was not
a handy cake-walk when the devices "exploded" at the Qt Developer Days
in Munich with the Qt3D packages. ;)

> I'm afraid that re-flashing will be the only solution, but that means losing
> data (e.g. contacts that are not saved on the SIM card) :(

Correct.

It seems to support the "--erase-user-data=secure" option.
http://tablets-dev.nokia.com/maemo-dev-env-downloads.php?f=flasher_3.12.1_amd64.deb

Although, you might not need that option at all. Flashing, even
official, Nokia images are not possible in certain cases with
devicelock activated.

> Strangely enough, doing the exact same installation on Sabine's N9 didn't lead
> to this problem. But I have more developer tools installed on mine.

It is another sign for facing the same issue as with Qt3D back then.
Unfortunately, It was only happening randomly, even on the same
device; once, after 2 weeks, once almost immediately.

Best Regards,
Laszlo Papp