Kontact Touch Icons

Laszlo Papp lpapp at kde.org
Thu Feb 2 10:27:51 UTC 2012

>> http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-cTSXhUjJeeE/TtdbKpSlT6I/AAAAAAAAAEo/j0yX6g4zpCU/s
>
>> 1600/shot5.jpg
>

> I would use that screenshot as an example of exactly to oposite but, I did
> those icons so there is no point on sufering more...

At least an example for something then. :) Behind the joke, sould you
please tell, Nuno: what is wrong with the action icons over there ?

> BTW you even mix app icons with action icons. :(

I agree with you about mixing application and action icons are not
ideal in any sense, whereas that was behind the point of this show up.
I meant to show the action icons (sorry for not being clear and
explicit enough). Unfortunately, we, programmers, do not really too
much choice for selections. As of the workload, I do not have time in
certain cases for using google around for hours to find one proper
icon for only one action, and do the same for many action points. I
ordinarily try to concentrate on my area with the most interest ever.

I need to admit: I am a bit sad, if I think of the current situation
about icons available for the mobile world. It is not so simple to
port KDE application to mobile platforms in this sense. So much time,
that many of us tried to ask for help from Ui designers, artists,
usability and so on without too much success. :/ I might be wrong, but
I believe: there is either a resource leak or missing interest. I am
not sure how to fix it in leisure time, open source projects.
Companies can afford to hire employees like that (even if that
sometimes works out worse than in open source projects), but it is not
the same topic about KDE porting efforts for instance.

I would really like to see an improvement in this flow. Thank you for
your reply.

Best Regards,
Laszlo Papp

PS.: There was a presentation at some conference in the near past
about how to involve designers, artists and usability guys into open
source, leisure time projects. I might check it out again. :)