Kontact Touch Mail - some feedback

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Fri Sep 30 19:55:23 UTC 2011

As I am occasionally updating Kontact Touch on
my ideapad running MeeGo 1.2, I'd like to report a few things:

Since Version     : 4.7.40~git20110910.085319         Release     : 1.41
I've noticed that the icons in the main email composer window are not
displayed anymore. Those are the "discard" and the "send" buttons, which are
unlabled now.

Over all versions I found found it a real problem reading emails that
the back button will not go back to the thread view, but to a place in
the full mail list. I'd prefer it going back to the thread view.

Also slightly uncomfortable is that once I've deleted or moved away an email
using the Actions flap menu entries, the display still shows the old message.
I would expect a fallback to the list of messages or to the next message,
I'd try the next message first.

The sorting problems when entering an email folder and new emails come in
still is a problem. This one is reported already I believe to bugs.kde.org.

I think the entry for threads should be read, if there are unread emails in
the thread. Currently the entry is blue, just like read emails.

A minor thing is that I would like to have an action for including a text
file directly. This can be done by using paste and copy, but having an action
seems to be slightly better to me.

It is very cool that the new incoming version were all installing nicely
and Kontact Touch Mail started all the time. So thanks for the work
on the package!

Best Regards,
Bernhard

--