Packaging Development KDEPIM Versions for N900 Fremantle

Volker Krause vkrause at kde.org
Fri Sep 2 06:32:49 UTC 2011

On Wednesday 31 August 2011 16:31:44 Volker Krause wrote:
> On Wednesday 31 August 2011 11:15:51 Bjoern Ricks wrote:
> > On Wednesday 31 August 2011 11:05:56 Andre Heinecke wrote:
> > > Kdelibs 4.7 is failing as
> > > early as applying the the patches (which were made for 4.6-komo branch)
> > > (
> > > http://websvn.kde.org/branches/work/komo/packaging-master/maemo/kdelibs/
> > > de
> > >
> > >ian/patches/ ) There is some fun stuff like "Hurd support" in there ;)
> > >But
> > >i>
> > >
> > > guess some patches are necessary to handle the installation the way
> > > kdelibs
> > > is packaged on maemo so the patches have to be reviewed and updated.
> >
> > I suppose many of them can be dropped because they are really debian and
> > desktop specific.
>
> Yes, ideally I'd like to get rid of all of them. For MeeGo we got really
> close to patch-free packages, which makes updates way easier and the stuff
> in the packages is much closer to what you actually see during development.
>
> I noticed the error but didn't have time yet to look into it in detail.
> Maybe tonight.

We made some progress on this, kdelibs is building again (except Nepomuk) and
now failing at the packaging level. We are now blocked by this:

-- Soprano version 2.5.3 is too old. Please install 2.5.60 or newer
-- Could NOT find Soprano:  Found version "2.5.3", but required is at least
"2.5.60" (found /usr/include)
-- Could NOT find SharedDesktopOntologies  (missing:
SHAREDDESKTOPONTOLOGIES_ROOT_DIR)  (Required is at least version "0.6.50")

regards
Volker