Kontact Touch running on Harmattan

Laszlo Papp lpapp at kde.org
Sat Oct 22 10:46:35 UTC 2011

> It is a bit problematic atm, Kontact Touch needs gnupg2 and since gnupg was
> improved during the work on Kontact Touch i wanted to have a recent version
> of gnupg but that depends on newer libraries of gcrypt and gpg-error then
> nokia provides so you have to remove libgcrypt11 and libgpg-error0 with
> dpkg --force-depends --remove to update them.

I am not sure it helps you, but I had similar situation with phonon.
They ship the Qt phonon, but I needed the kde-phonon for kde
packaging. I installed the phonon libraries, header files and so on
into a different prefix. When expecting those dependencies later for
kde packaging, I used the relevant options then inside the kde-runtime
rules file, like:
-DCMAKE_PREFIX_PATH=/usr/phonon
-DPHONON_LIBRARY=/usr/phonon/lib/libphonon.so
-DPHONON_INCLUDE_DIR=/usr/phonon/include

I also had to make a link file inside the debian dir of the phonon,
but that might be phonon specific. That is my story how I built
kde-runtime. It might need find module modifications, if that is not
ready for that yet, but you can try with prefix path first, and then
go for the find module.

That is the cleanest way I found. This is a bit unfortunate because
any kde-phonon users might need do the same one-liner trick inside the
rules file, but if you were the only user of that package, it is not
much of a hassle.

I hope it helps. :) Also, congrats for making this work for the KDE
project on Harmattan. I am happy about it! :)

Best Regards,
Laszlo Papp