kontact touch akonadi data location on maemo

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Thu Mar 31 09:10:37 CEST 2011

Am Mittwoch, 30. März 2011 20:50:44 schrieb Divan Santana:
> On Monday 28 March 2011 10:35:29 Bernhard Reiter wrote:

> Ok I changed my server side subscriptions to select folders and at least my
> cache is down to 3 GB from 8 GB. :) Really kewl that one can do that.

:)
Note that server side subscriptions will work on any client,
but you can also use a) client side (aka local) subscriptions
and you also can b) set the cache policy per folder.

b) is easier to handle if you use the debugging tool "akonadiconsole" from
remote. I admitt that is not very easy to setup.

> > > 2) Can I move/mount /home/user/.local/share/akonadi on my 32 G "MyDocs"
> > > vfat file system instead? Or will the vfat file system be a problem?
> >
> > I expect it to be no problem. So you could for sure try.
>
> akonadictl start seems to always error out and fail on vfat (Sorry, I
> didn't log the messages).

Ah, this would be interesting to have in a report to bugs.kde.org.

> Haven't managed to get my calendar working yet(am using kolab), didn't just
> work.

It should just work, if you selected "Kolab" in the account wizard.
Do you have an account entry in the "Calendar" frontend?

> I also notice duplicate contacts in kde contacts mobile, which don't
> display duplicates in normal kontact and horde web interface.

In some setup informations we end up having more resources showing the same
data than we want to. It is harmless, you could delete the akonadi resources
with akonadiconsole (see warning above) or possibly otherwise with the
contacts frontend.

> Also in the
> kde contacts app, the info isn't clickable/touchable, ie dial a number, or
> simply email the contact from the app isn't easy.

Yes, we know this platform integration is missing. We haven't had the
bandwidth within the Komo3 project to do it for the N900. Shouldn't magic,
though.

> I'm sure this is all known info, as it's a still a work in progress, but
> fantastic app so far and like the easy browsing of folders in kmail.

Again: Welcome for your feedback!

Am Mittwoch, 30. März 2011 20:59:39 schrieb Divan Santana:
> Lastly, also noticed, every now and then kmail mobile when opening says
> out- of-office still active. It's really nice that it has that feature, but
> in my case it is wrong, my out-of-office is not enabled.

You do have sieve scripts on your kolab server, right?
Would you like to share which, I mean first of all the names?
I never saw this problem before.

Best,
Bernhard

Deputy Coordinator Germany: fsfe.org. Board member: www.kolabsys.com.