[MeeGo] Move to Project:KDE

Fathi Boudra fboudra at gmail.com
Sat Jun 18 09:44:23 CEST 2011

Hello

2011/6/17 Bernhard Reiter <bernhard at intevation.de>:
> Hi Fathi,
> just looked at your work to see if I can get recent package for Kontact Touch
> on my ideapad with MeeGo 1.2.
>
> Am Donnerstag, 5. Mai 2011 12:34:06 schrieb Fathi Boudra:
>> The 1st part is done: migration.
>
> Just wondering: What were the remaining parts? :)

The 2nd part was making the monitor greenish, fix the build failures.
I fixed some of them but it's a regular task.

>> You can found the new project under Project:KDE and packages under
>> Project:KDE:Devel
>> https://build.pub.meego.com/project/monitor?project=Project%3AKDE%3ADevel
>>
>> The users are the same as before.
>>
>> I created other sub-projects:
>> Project:KDE:MeeGo:1.1
>> Project:KDE:MeeGo:1.2
>> Project:KDE:Trunk
>> Project:KDE:Trunk:Testing
>>
>> They will be used later, after the packages stabilization, hopefully
>> for the end users.
>
> Is there a description towards what the different categories mean,
> and which one users or testers should pick?

Project:KDE:Devel is the development area. Everything should go there
first and isn't targeted for the end users. The audience is
developers.

When the packages reaches a stable state, they should be promoted to
an end-user area. That's the areas you mentioned:
Project:KDE:MeeGo:1.1 -> targeting MeeGo 1.1 users
Project:KDE:MeeGo:1.2 -> targeting MeeGo 1.2 users
Project:KDE:Trunk -> targeting MeeGo Trunk (currently it's the
development branch for MeeGo 1.3)
Project:KDE:Trunk:Testing -> is a special staging area to reach before
going into Trunk.

> I'd like to update http://userbase.kde.org/Kontact_Touch/MeeGo
> which still points to the old builds.
>
> I am currently trying the version
> http://repo.pub.meego.com/home:/mdfe:/Project:/KDE:/Experimental/MeeGo_1.2_oss/
> but I a missing an idea what the others are about.
>
> userbase and technbase did not have anything on it, as far as I've looked.

Hope my explanation is good enough. If it isn't, shoot ;)