Trying to build kdelibs for Harmattan, N9(50)

Laszlo Papp lpapp at kde.org
Mon Jul 18 17:46:40 CEST 2011

Hi,

I have tried to spend the last 1 week with packaging kdelibs for
Harmattan, Maemo 6 (from recent git master head,
active-development/4.7). I could achieve it locally (scratchbox) by
now. Each important package seems to be built on the Community OBS as
well, apart from the kdelibs project which is still under building. It
is very hard to do it quickly since it takes me a lot of time (3-4
hours, sometimes even more with my relatively new laptop) in
scratchbox to build it. The Community OBS environment is even slower
since it installs a chroot environment for the target and it installs
more things than just the dependencies. That is why I could not still
achieve the kdelibs build on the Community OBS site, thus I am really
sorry for that (the uploaded debian folder should be more or less
correct and it might need some smaller modifications).

Here is my repository:
https://build.pub.meego.com/project/show?project=home%3Adjszapi
and
http://repo.pub.meego.com/home:/djszapi/MeeGo_1.2_Harmattan/armel/

We have been trying to establish and use a proper shared community
repository on the Community OBS, thus the packages could be found in
one place (and one entry would be needed to add to the
/etc/apt/sources.list file on the phone). This is coming soon,
hopefully.

I would like to express my gratitude to the people who helped me so
far along the way: Debian packagers, other experienced Community OBS
packagers, and Volker Krause for pointing me out to David Faure's
patch about the automoc issue and so forth.

It is not complete or working yet, but there is some progress. If
someone could help with packaging, that would be awesome. :) There are
also optional dependencies that I could not manage yet because of the
lack of time. Feel free to contact me, and I hope I can see more KDE
projects soon ported to Harmattan, N9(50). :)

Best Regards,
Laszlo Papp