packages based on git

Marijn Kruisselbrink mkruisselbrink at kde.org
Sun Feb 6 22:49:44 CET 2011

On Sunday, February 06, 2011 12:40:49 pm Marco Martin wrote:
> Hi all,
> now that kdelibs and base moved to git, i think the meego packages should
> be adaped quite a bit to work on snapshots from git...
> luckily layout of kdelibs and the 3 pieces of base didn't change much,
> modulo kate and konsole.
I don't think there will be really much change needed for kdelibs? Except
keeping it up to date of course.

> can the current thing in obs be broken for  while making tests on it?
> do you guys have any plans about it?
You can always branch a package in a project in your personal home: namespace,
experiment all you want, and when you are satisfied merge the changes back/file
a merge request. Obs supposedly has all kinds of support for that...

Marijn