Kontact Touch on N9

Nuno Pinheiro nuno.pinheiro at kdab.com
Mon Aug 22 11:59:49 UTC 2011

A Segunda, 22 de Agosto de 2011 11:22:37 Laszlo Papp você escreveu:
> Hi,
>
> I am not sure what "flap" means in this context, but maybe the sidebar
> which contains an icon that can be used to access the corresponding
> component application that could be it,
> but this is just a guess.
>
> Meanwhile I do not have any better idea, people need to be careful
> with the swipe gesture. In general, it is easy to break the user
> experience, if the applications start doing their own ways. VKB is an
> exception, and it was fiercely discussed even (It is intentional why
> we do not advertise how to sidestep swipe gesture).
>
> I do not have anything against it (since I cannot mention anything
> better myself), just wanted to express, be careful. :)

Yeap I agrea with you, but unfurtunatly the UI of Kontact was done way before
there was a swipe gesture, so we kinda creted a ui flow thst depended on
somthing similar to a swipe.... we can also make the flap into a buton...

the sad part is that the UI wont fit very well in N9, but we had to create a
complete UI with no example as a goal...

Nuno Pinheiro | nuno.pinheiro at kdab.com | UI Designer