[solved]: kdelibs packaging broken on MeeGo 1.2

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Wed Aug 10 13:44:41 UTC 2011

The riddle is solved:
Someone must explicitely install the package "kdelibs-data",
it contains /usr/share/kde4/services/kfilemodule.desktop
which is a must for the KFileDialog to come up.
This is a packaging defect: A hard dependency on kdelibs-data
is missing.

A second defect is within the constructor of KFileDialog::KFileDialog
it does not fail gracefully, but instead leads to a segmentation fault.
Thanks to Andre, Tobias and Kevon for helping me.

Am Dienstag, 12. Juli 2011 21:03:57 schrieb Bernhard Reiter:
> On Mon, Jul 04, 2011 at 10:51:55AM +0200, Bernhard Reiter wrote:

http://repo.pub.meego.com/home:/mdfe:/Project:/KDE:/Experimental/MeeGo_1.2_oss/

In order to test the issue I went to
 zypper addrepo
http://repo.pub.meego.com/Project:/KDE:/Devel/MeeGo_1.2_OSS/Project:KDE:Devel.repo

  zypper install kontact-touch

Name: kontact-touch
Version: 4.6.3~git20110531.104026-1.63
Arch: i586

Name: kdelibs
Version: 4.7~git20110729.192059-1.2
Arch: i586

To make it work I had to do
  zypper install kdelibs-data

The two defects are still in there in both branches.

Bernhard

--
Managing Director + Owner: www.Intevation.net <- A Free Software Company
Kolabsys.com: Board Member          FSFE.org: Founding GA Member