Last (important) bits to define about the sprint

Artur de Souza asouza at kde.org
Wed Sep 29 18:56:30 CEST 2010

Dear sprint's participants,

We had a deny from Tog (Dublin) and thus we need to decide where we
will held the sprint (on the same dates).
We have two options and I would love if we could decide as soon as
possible which one fits us better.

Option number 1
----------------

Still do it in Dublin, looking for another place like the one Bart
pointed out:

http://www.cultivate.ie/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=963&Itemid=88889224

We would need to pay for this space and the costs would be:

Conference room: ?(270+160) / day (4) -> Total: ?1720
Classroom: ?(135+80) / day (4) -> Total: ?860

We may have a 10% discount but we would still need to include VAT (21%
according to their site).

The price of the hostels:

http://www.avalon-house.ie/index.html -> ?31 (private) or ~?18
(shared-mixed)  / day (4)
http://www.abigailshostel.com/ -> ?22 (private) or ~?15 (shared) / day (4)

It would be awesome to know who is going to meego conference *anyway*,
despite of going to the sprint (which means people that would be there
anyway).

Option number 2
----------------

Move the sprint to Berlin, in KDAB's office. Here we would have the
"hacking space" for free.

The price of a hotel: ?85 / day (4)
The price of the hostels: ?25 (private) or ~?15 (shared) / day (4)

 From my point of view it seems that unless most of the people are
already in Dublin for MeeGo conference (with their respective
employers paying for them), Dublin starts to be too expensive.

This way I've added two more columns to the wiki so you can put your
preference (Dublin or Berlin) and if you are going to meego conf
anyway (if you are going by yourself or your employer is paying the
trip, just mention that please).

I hope that until the end of this week (Friday) we can properly decide
about this to start booking stuff, otherwise it will just get more and
more expensive for such a small but important sprint.

If you have anything (arguments) to add pro/con any of the options,
please feel free to say so in this thread.

Thanks,

Artur