Kontact Mobile N900 dbg packages

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Mon Sep 20 17:31:23 CEST 2010

Am Samstag, 18. September 2010 04:05:56 schrieb Jeffery MacEachern:
> David:  I already have one built, and I had posted it online, and then
> subsequently removed it because I kept forgetting to ask about
> licensing implications/requirements.  If someone can tell me off-list
> how I should handle the situation (e.g. redistribution of the qdbus
> tool in a random folder on a web host somewhere), then I'll promptly
> repost it.

(Doing it onlist, because others might also want to read the answer.
This is not legal advise for a specific case just a discussion of the general
idea.)

In Debian this file seems to be part of qt4-x11 and thus under GNU LGPL
2.1+Exception. In general for LGPL you are okay to just place the source
code you have been using (and other changes, scripts) just right beside
the binary. See the LGPL for details.

> If you want it yourself, just do a quick edit of the debian/rules file
> for the Qt packages, and then a rather slower rebuild of them.

> On Fri, Sep 17, 2010 at 13:59, David Faure <faure at kde.org> wrote:
> > On a related note, would it be possible to get the command-line tool
> > "qdbus" packaged on the N900? Quite useful for debugging things, too.

I haven't tried it on the phone itself, but from remote you can just use qdbus
or even qdbusviewer, with the environment variable just like indicated on
http://techbase.kde.org/Projects/PIM/Akonadi/Development_Tools#Remote_Debugging

Deputy Coordinator Germany: fsfe.org. Board member: www.kolabsys.com.