Kontact-Mobile? (Re: [kde-promo] "Rebranding" KDE PIM?)

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Tue Sep 7 16:48:17 CEST 2010

Am Sonntag, 15. August 2010 21:05:10 schrieb Bernhard Reiter:
> I agree that this should be communicated more intensively.
> "Kontact" does not seem to be the coolest name a software family
> like this could have, but it is way better than "KDE PIM", *pim or
> *groupware in my view.
>
> Now that we are close to getting Kontact-Mobile somewhere and the next
> generation of Kontact out for Desktops (fully Akonadi ported),
> if we wanted to rebrand Kontact or use several brands for the KDE PIM
> applications, this would be a good opportunity.
> (Which was pointed out to my by Till and he's right.)

So I guess it will be "Kontact-Mobile" with
several frontends for Mail, Calender, Contacts, Tasks, Notes.

The question is "Kontact-Mobile" or "Kontact Mobile"?
And then how to to label the frontends. Something short rules,
so my favourite is: "Mail" for mail, but I cannot decide
for "Events", "Organizer" or "Calender". Maybe "Calender".
What about "Contacts" vs "Addresses"?
Or "Tasks" vs "Todos"?

[Copies send to kde-mobile@ and kde-pim@, but please followup only on
kde-promo@ to avoid too much cross posting.]