newbie questions

Kevin Ottens ervin at kde.org
Mon Oct 4 08:14:01 CEST 2010

On Monday 4 October 2010 07:58:13 Jeffery MacEachern wrote:
> 2010/10/3 Kevin Ottens <ervin at kde.org>:
> > On Sunday 3 October 2010 21:13:02 Jeffery MacEachern wrote:
> >> Yeah, I know.  I don't know how much work it would take (no idea at
> >> all), but has anyone from KDE looked into implementing it?  As for
> >> QtCreator integration, a brief glance at the source implied that QMake
> >> might be tightly tied to the MADDE integration, so that might be
> >> harder than just gettting MADDE supported. </speculation>
> >
> > It can be made to work with cmake, you need to turn on the "relative
> > paths" option for your build dir. That's not the default on KDE though,
> > and I don't know if that's still the case but was frowned upon for some
> > reasons.
>
> I guess I spoke in haste.  Could you elaborate, or point us to some
> documention?

Well, cmake has a CMAKE_USE_RELATIVE_PATHS option that you can set when
running cmake or using ccmake. It's turned off by default, but obviously you
can force it to be on. In such a case MADDE then works (comes from the way
MADDE is done, it wraps calls to the compiler and the linker, and redirect -I
and -L options in the sysroot of the target platform only for relative paths,
not absolute ones).

There's also the possibility to use a symlink from the sysroot home to your
real home, which seems to do the trick if you build everything yourself. But
that's merely a hack and could perfectly break any time.

For more information, it's all documented on techbase:
http://techbase.kde.org/Projects/Mobile/MADDE

Regards.
--
Kévin Ottens, http://ervin.ipsquad.net