newbie questions

Jeffery MacEachern j.maceachern at gmail.com
Sun Oct 3 20:21:43 CEST 2010

On Sun, Oct 3, 2010 at 08:07, Chani <chanika at gmail.com> wrote:

>> > d'you think it's a good or bad idea to try installing meego on my n900?
>> > what do you guys use for trying/developing meego?
>>
>> Well, depends...how is your mood? :) Most of the stuff may not
>> properly work like the speakers and the phone network (but I think
>> that wlan works...not sure though).
>
> ah. given that I just got a sim card... I think I want my n900 to work for a
> little while longer. :)
>

>> > as for maemo, are you still on the old scratchbox dev. environment? (god
>> > that thing was a pain)
>> > http://techbase.kde.org/Projects/Mobile/MaemoVM was last updated in *may*
>> > so I'm not sure if it's out of date :)
>>
>> Still the old scratchbox...
>>

> doh. why? maybe I'll bug jaem about his adventures with MADDE...

You rang? :)

MADDE works nicely if you build it from Master (which isn't nice to
do), but I don't think it supports CMake yet.  If you're doing QMake
stuff, though, it's quite painless.  Bug me privately if you need help
building it.
As for MeeGo, I think various MeeGo people (official or otherwise)
were/are using it as a reference platform before newer hardware was
available, but Nokia proper is not supporting it.

 - Jeffery MacEachern