Status of MeeGo packaging of kdenetwork, kdesdk, kdeutils

Marco Martin notmart at gmail.com
Mon Nov 29 10:36:43 CET 2010

On Monday 29 November 2010, Volker Krause wrote:
> On Monday 29 November 2010 00:37:02 Friedrich W. H. Kossebau wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > so while none of these programs/plugins is designed for smaller
> > touch-enabled screens, perhaps one or the other is still helpful now and
> > then, so here an update of what is currently packaged and tested to work
> > from
> >
> > 	kdenetwork, kdesdk, kdeutils,
> >
> > so you know you can install it if in need:
> >
> > Tested:
> > ark
> > filelight (but does not see the / partition, Solid backend ignoring
> > btrfs?) kcalc
> > kcharselect
> > kapptemplate
> > kdesdk4-scripts
> > kio_svn
> > krdc
> > krfb (pretty slow, and the systembar is not accessable to control it #) )
> > kuiviewer
> > okteta
> >
> > And some smaller stuff, but have not tested, e.g.:
> > ktimer
> > sweeper
> >
> > But you may have seen that already from
> > http://repo.pub.meego.com/home:/mkruisselbrink:/kde/meego_1.1_core/i586/
> >
> > All other code in that 3 modules still has kde3 stuff in it, so unless
> > someone works on removing that those can/will not be packaged.
> >
> > Only kdenetwork currently has a patch in the package, but that is already
> > applied upstream, just not yet in the snapshot used.
> >
> > I will now turn to Kasten and Okteta and finally start my touch UI/QML
> > experimenting (will be done in separate package from kdesdk) :)
> >
> > Would be nice to know what everybody else is working on currently and
> > what the status is :)
>
> Thanks for the nice status update :)
>
> Unfortunately, I didn't manage to get anything MeeGo-related done during
> the last week, besides two tiny patches for Kontact Mobile during the
> weekend to make it scale better to screen sizes different from the
> N900/HTC Touch Pro 2. I didn't update the package yet though.

nice.
a good way to scale, detect, and load uis is needed. in plasma we have a start
of it but we need to figure out what actually we can know from the device
before doing much further steps ;)

oh, a bit unrelated, till on kontact mobile... how do i configure it to use
sqllite?

> Btw, if anyone knows how to receive commit mails for our stuff in the MeeGo
> OBS, that would be awesome :)

meh, i wa trying to fugure out as well but fail :/ not a really clear ui :)

Cheers,
Marco Martin