Status of MeeGo packaging of kdenetwork, kdesdk, kdeutils

Friedrich W. H. Kossebau kossebau at kde.org
Mon Nov 29 00:37:02 CET 2010

Hi,

so while none of these programs/plugins is designed for smaller touch-enabled
screens, perhaps one or the other is still helpful now and then, so here an
update of what is currently packaged and tested to work from
	kdenetwork, kdesdk, kdeutils,
so you know you can install it if in need:

Tested:
ark
filelight (but does not see the / partition, Solid backend ignoring btrfs?)
kcalc
kcharselect
kapptemplate
kdesdk4-scripts
kio_svn
krdc
krfb (pretty slow, and the systembar is not accessable to control it #) )
kuiviewer
okteta

And some smaller stuff, but have not tested, e.g.:
ktimer
sweeper

But you may have seen that already from
http://repo.pub.meego.com/home:/mkruisselbrink:/kde/meego_1.1_core/i586/

All other code in that 3 modules still has kde3 stuff in it, so unless someone
works on removing that those can/will not be packaged.

Only kdenetwork currently has a patch in the package, but that is already
applied upstream, just not yet in the snapshot used.

I will now turn to Kasten and Okteta and finally start my touch UI/QML
experimenting (will be done in separate package from kdesdk) :)

Would be nice to know what everybody else is working on currently and what the
status is :)

Cheers
Friedrich
--