BoF session at the MeeGo conference

Bart Cerneels bart.cerneels at kde.org
Mon Nov 8 21:56:30 CET 2010

On Mon, Nov 8, 2010 at 20:43, Marco Martin <notmart at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thursday 26 August 2010, Bart Cerneels wrote:
>> Has anyone on this list already send a BoF session proposal?
>>
>> I was thinking of the following:
>>
>> We (KDE) and others (Qt) developers have written a lot of Qt code
>> already. It makes perfect sense to try and reuse this code on the
>> latest and most exiting Qt platform: MeeGo.
>> This BoF session will be an open, example led discussion between
>> developers who want to port whole applications or use existing
>> libraries and technologies on the MeeGo platform.
>
> Hi all,
> we are a bunch of people registered in this session. what we are going to do?
> i was thinking about mini sesisons of ~10 minutes each?
> then ok, being a bof will be more interaction and less formal, just to come a
> bit prepared about it :D

I'm working on a little case study for my employer, trying out some
concepts I think will work well with QML. I would like to present
this, lightning talk style and focusing on the concepts, not the
specific application.
So in short, I second your idea :).
To start the session though someone should do an introduction,
summarize what we already knew about QML and MeeGo and the new things
we learned at the conference. Let's say that takes another 10 to 15
minutes at the start. I would volunteer but I thing there are more
experience people, both in leading a BoF session and MeeGo/QML on this
list. Hence I would gladly step aside for anyone feeling the call.