kmail-mobile / N900 - first impressions

Bjoern Ricks bjoern.ricks at googlemail.com
Fri Jun 11 20:26:28 CEST 2010

Hi,

Am 09.06.10 12:11, schrieb Rolf Offermanns:
> Hi All,
>
> I have kmail-mobile up and running.
>
> Some first notes:
>
> - update README: kmail-mobile needs to be started with the
> kmail-mobile.sh script, not just "kmail-mobile".

Fixed. The difference is only that the shell script sets LD_LIBRARY_PATH
to /opt/qt4-maemo5 if libqt4 packages are installed on the device which
is default with PR1.2.
Kmail mobile uses QML and therefore needs the libqt4-experimental packages.
> - I get many qml warnings, I guess this is OK for now?

Can be ignored.
> - I did not manage to setup an account yet. I tried really hard. :)
>    -> I tried gmx, web.de, googlemail
>    -> with and without the "autodetect server settings" setting enabled
>    -> The wizard makes it easy to do the wrong thing(s). Often there is
> something going on asynchronously (checking server settings), but you
> don't "see it" and the buttons are still enabled so I can push "Next" or
> "Finished" while something else is still in progress in the background.
>
>    -> The new account wizard reported a successfull account creation
> multiple times during my tests, but none of the accounts show up in the
> list (I assume a new account will appear below the "Local folders" entry?).

It should show up yes. During my tests the imap server was only
available after restarting kmail mobile.
>    -> After several tries I now get a "agent creation timeout" every
> time I try. I checked the process list and I see about a dozend
> akonadi_imap|pop3_resource processes. It looks like there is one for
> every try I did. I already did "akonadictl stop" and waited for every
> process to end, but after I started kmail-mobile again they all came back.

For every try a new resource and a new identity were created. To remove
all settings you have to delete .config/akonadi (contains akonadi
settings), .local/share/akonadi (contains database files) and .kde (you
have to keep .kde/share/apps/kwallet/kdewallet.kwl!)