kdepim on N900 - experimental / installation problems

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Wed Jun 9 09:18:25 CEST 2010

Am Dienstag, 8. Juni 2010 18:22:34 schrieb Rolf Offermanns:
> I got curious
> and tried to install kdepim from the experimental repository.
>
> Here is what I got:
>
> sources.list:
> [...]
> deb http://files.kolab.org/local/maemo fremantle experimental unstable
> [...]
>
> Is it OK to have unstable *and* experimental enabled?

Yes. "Unstable" will have the more stable versions once we have them.

> # apt-get install kdepim
> [...]
>
> dpkg: error processing
> /var/cache/apt/archives/libqt4-experimental-core_4.7.0~git20100520-0maemo1_
>armel.deb (--unpack): trying to overwrite
> `/opt/qt4-maemo5/lib/qt4/plugins/codecs/libqkrcodecs.so', which is also in
> package libqt4-maemo5-core dpkg-deb: subprocess paste killed by signal
> (Broken pipe)

This is a known problem with qt packaging that the Maemo folks created (it is
also in their packages). It also depends a bit on what software release you
have on your N900. PR1.2?
A fresh Installation on PR1.2 works fine as far as I've heard.

> Shall I just force the installation?

No, you should remove the conflicting old qt packages using apt-get remove
and where it does not work with dpkg, possibly using a --force-depends
sometimes.
E.g.  libqt4-maemo5-core is one of the old packages that should be completely
removed and will be replaced by the new one libqt4-experimental-core.
That should happen for all qt4 packages.

Bernhard

Deputy Coordinator Germany: fsfe.org. Board member: www.kolabsys.com.