building on MADDE

Harald Fernengel harry at kdevelop.org
Tue Jul 27 15:02:10 CEST 2010

Hi Marco,

On Monday 26 July 2010 23:52:19 Marco Martin wrote:
> Hi all,
> since i seen there is a start of work on
> http://techbase.kde.org/Projects/Mobile/MADDE
>
> i was thinkering arund with
> MADDE to have a reasonably complete kde built in it: don't even have a
> device to try it on, but i wanted to help to get the tutorial more or less
> complete.
>
> right now how is workable? does it already build or there are
> still problems (aka help needed) around?
> i started to build the various
> dependencies, phonon from git (success!) dbusmenu (success) and
> kdesupport.
> now that seems to require boost. can it somehow be "installed"
> in madde?

Not really. But boost doesn't use any host tools (== tools that have to run at
compile time), then you can just unpack the *.deb files from the fremantle
repositories into the MADDE sysroot.

> anyways, this seemed to work (could add to the wiki if doesn't
> contain too big bestialities and/or there isn't a better way)
>
> --
> build
> boost:
> cd boost srcs
> vim tools/build/v2/user-config.jam
> add a line:
> using
> gcc : 4.2.1 :
> /path/to/your/home/.madde/0.6.72/targets/fremantle-pr12/bin/g++ ;
> ./bjam
> --prefix=/path/to/your/home/.madde/0.6.72/sysroots/fremantle-arm-sysroot-10
> . 2010.19-1-slim/usr/
> ./bjam
> --prefix=/path/to/your/home/.madde/0.6.72/sysroots/fremantle-arm-sysroot-10
> . 2010.19-1-slim/usr/ install
> --
>
> then kdesupport still fails for nss
> dependencies in QCA, and here we are again in getting dependencies in
> madde..
>
> -if- this work is considered useful I can continue t bang my head
> on it (maybe with some guidance :p) until a good tutorial is on place, at
> least to have a complete kdelibs

My approach was to rather remove dependencies than to try to make those cross-
compile, but then again, I'm quite lazy ;)

Harald