definitions and package for plasma on meego (Fathi Boudra)

Volker Krause vkrause at kde.org
Wed Jul 21 09:04:01 CEST 2010

On Monday 19 July 2010 10:48:51 Marco Martin wrote:

> > > sqlite 3.6.22 too old ?
> > > sqlite 3.6.23.1 is the latest released version.
> > > I'll ask an update.
> >
> > ..and for Nepomuk a quad store like Virtuoso? :-)
>
> yeah, probably here the only ones that can really answer what is really
> needed are the kdepim mobile guys.
> at the moment, in order for akonady working well, both mysql and virtuoso
> are needed. i did hear some time ago plans about using just virtuoso also
> in place of mysql but i have no idea if it has been declared a feasible
> path or not ;)

I experimented with using Virtuoso as a database backend for Akonadi during
Akademy, it's not anywhere working yet though. Its SQL dialect differs a bit
more from MySQL/Sqlite than our current abstraction layer was able to handle,
we changed that partly already, but there is still a lot left to do.

However, we are close to having Sqlite as a fully working backend. Simplifies
the Akonadi setup quite a bit, but doesn't help with Nepomuk of course.

regards
Volker