BoF session at the MeeGo conference

Bart Cerneels bart.cerneels at kde.org
Thu Aug 26 19:19:16 CEST 2010

On Thu, Aug 26, 2010 at 15:22, Bart Cerneels <bart.cerneels at kde.org> wrote:
> Has anyone on this list already send a BoF session proposal?
>
> I was thinking of the following:
>
> We (KDE) and others (Qt) developers have written a lot of Qt code
> already. It makes perfect sense to try and reuse this code on the
> latest and most exiting Qt platform: MeeGo.
> This BoF session will be an open, example led discussion between
> developers who want to port whole applications or use existing
> libraries and technologies on the MeeGo platform.
>
> This session is intended for anyone with existing Qt code, not just
> KDE but obviously we have a lot of experience already.
> We can also get into more specific KDE stuff during or after the session.
>
> How about it KOffice-mobile devs? Any interest?
> We've got until tomorrow.
>
> Bart

It seems like Volkers talk proposal [1] offers most of what I had in
mind though I'll let him confirm.
The question is, should we follow this up with a BoF as an extended
Q&A session, brainstorming about more/better ways to reuse our code,
etc.

[1] http://conference2010.meego.com/session/kontact-mobile-getting-big-desktop-application-phone