[Kde-mobile-users] Updated and cleaner Kontact Touch packages for N9

reini rrumberger at web.de
Sat Jun 2 18:24:20 UTC 2012

Am Mittwoch 23.05.2012, 20:23:38 schrieb Juha Jäykkä:
> I had even less luck. After adding the key and running apt-get update, I
> get:
>
> ~ # apt-get install kdepim-mobile
> Reading package lists... Done
> Building dependency tree
> Reading state information... Done
> or been moved out of Incoming.
>
> The following packages have unmet dependencies.
>   kdepim-mobile: Depends: kmail-mobile (=
> 4:4.9~.20120521.git084e17ba-1maemo6.6) but it is not going to be installed
>                  Depends: kaddressbook-mobile (=
> 4:4.9~.20120521.git084e17ba-1maemo6.6) but it is not going to be installed
>                  Depends: tasks-mobile (=
> 4:4.9~.20120521.git084e17ba-1maemo6.6) but it is not going to be installed
>                  Depends: notes-mobile (=
> 4:4.9~.20120521.git084e17ba-1maemo6.6) but it is not going to be installed
>                  Depends: korganizer-mobile (=
> 4:4.9~.20120521.git084e17ba-1maemo6.6) but it is not going to be installed
>                  Depends: kdepim-runtime but it is not going to be
> installed Depends: kleopatra (>= 4:4.9~.20120521.git084e17ba-1maemo6.6)
> but it is not going to be installed
>                  Depends: kdepim-strigi-plugins (>=
> 4:4.9~.20120521.git084e17ba-1maemo6.6) but it is not going to be installed
> E: Broken packages
>
> Even though all those packages are available...

Read the message properly: the packages are available, they just aren't going
to be installed. If those packages were unavailable, it would say so.
An example from my local debian:
# LANG=C sudo apt-get install wine:i386 wine-bin:i386
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
or been moved out of Incoming.

 wine-bin:i386 : Depends: libwine-gecko-unstable:i386 (< 1.1~) but it is not
installable

> It is as if apt-get does
> not even try to resolve dependencies. But that is its most important task!
> Any ideas?

apt-get doesn't produce particularly useful error messages in this situation.
You need to do a manual dependency resolution to find the actual problem. That
is why I specified wine-bin in my example above - only specifying wine would
have yielded an error message as unhelpful as yours.
To find the actual problem, you need to start adding the packages apt-get
complains aren't supposed to be installed. So the first iteration would be:
#apt-get install kdepim-mobile kmail-mobile kaddressbook-mobile tasks-mobile \
 notes-mobile korganizer-mobile kdepim-runtime kleopatra kdepim-strigi-plugins

If that still doesn't yield a broken/held/uninstallable package, keep going
until it either installs or gets to some actual error.

  --Reinhold