[Kde-mobile-users] Installation on N9 failed

Andre Heinecke aheinecke at intevation.de
Mon Jan 9 10:38:32 UTC 2012

Hi,

First let me say that the installation is indeed broken atm, to reliably fix
this we need to repackage kontact touch again not to use the community
repository anymore and put everything we need in a single repo without
conflicting versions.
Actually there is not much left to be done for this i think only pimlibs has
the accidental wrong dependency and as i might have a bit time this week I am
optimistic i can get around to this by the end of this week.

This should solve the problems caused by newer versions in the community
development repository then there are on the device. This is fine when you
use it for development in scratchbox for example but leads to the errors you
are seeing when deploying on the device.

On Monday 09 January 2012 09:22:11 Bernhard Reiter wrote:
> Am Saturday, 7. January 2012 10:17:17 schrieb Jan Malte Gerth:
> > First everything seems ok, i just hab to confirm the removal of the
> > package mp- harmattan-001-pr. But i was aware of this, as it is mentioned
> > here
> > http://userbase.kde.org/Kontact_Touch/Harmattan#Known_problems_.28Version
> >_2 0111120.29 that there is a conflict with a package like this.
> >
> > Then the installation went on, but then failed. I tried to run apt-get
> > install -f but then this failed to: http://pastebin.kde.org/183176/
>
> Andre will know a better solution for this one.
>
> > Now im stucked with a very inconsistent state and can't get out of it.
> > Can you help?
To avoid those "package already installed from a more trusted source" errors
you can remove the existing package (then it is no longer installed from a
more trusted source) and update afterwards.
dpkg --remove --force-depends libgcrypt11
dpkg --remove --force-depends libgpg-error0

and then apt-get install libgcrypt11 libgpg-error0

> You should always be able to re-install the mp-harmattan meta package
> and by this remove all the new packages that are problematic. If you get
> issues with this, dpkg --remove or --purge for problematic packages that
> were coming with the N9 install should always get you in a reverted state
> again. In very rare cases you might need one of the "force" options of
> dpkg.
>
> Maybe if you get someone in a chat this is done a lot better interactively.

This would also be my advice to get into a good state again.

Regards,
Andre

--
Andre Heinecke |  ++49-541-335083-262 |  http://www.intevation.de/