[Kde-mobile-users] kontact sync, remote calendar resource

Michele Catalano catamik at yahoo.it
Mon Feb 27 10:51:34 UTC 2012

Dear Kontact users

I would like to submit few questions to understand how to setup syncing
between
a local resource in my N900 maemo 5 device and a remote calendar
resource placed in a server.

First of all one question: Is it possible to set up remote calendar
resource in the kontact mobile client as in Kontact desktop version?
Until now I believe answer is no.

I'm doing following reasoning: Kolab server groupware is to difficult
for me to setup. Then I try to create a remote resource directly from
accounts -> add -> resource
but it doesn't accept protocols like sftp or other. I think only local
folder. right?
Then I moved to create local folder and calendar file, adding it to
kontact mobile resources and syncing with a remote folder with same
calendar file. But it doesnt' work. After syncing calendar files are
synced but kontact clients display different calendar events and todos.
I'm sure I do not understant akonadi resource management philosophy, Who
can kindly shed light into my mind?!

Regards