[Kde-mobile-users] Setup problems for Kontact touch

Rolf Eike Beer kde at opensource.sf-tec.de
Thu Dec 15 13:09:54 UTC 2011

> Calendar shows the first email account, even if there is no "Calendar"
> subfolder in it. It doesn't show the second account at all.
>
> Contacts shows the first email account and the contacts in the "Contacts"
> folder. It does not show any subfolders even if they are visible in KMail,
> nor any contacts in those subfolders. It does not show the second email
> account at all.
>
> I have a strong idea why the second account does not show up: it was
> created with an early version of KMail2 and has the contact and calendar
> folders created with their German names. This is no problems for the
> desktop version where I can change what KMail/Calendar/akonadi thinks what
> is in this folders. But I found no way to change that in the mobile
> version. And neither in the desktop nor mobile version Kontact get's it
> that if there is a folder "Contacts" that has contacts all of it's
> subfolders contain contacts, too. A confirmation dialog is ok, but the
> default assumption should be that whatever a folder contains this will
> also be in all subfolders.

I have a strong guess on why the German localized folders do not get
detected. I don't see any call to KGlobal::locale()->insertCatalog in
kdepim-runtime::resources/kolabproxy/*, so the call to i18n() in
Kolab::guessFolderTypeFromName (resources/kolabproxy/kolabdefs.cpp) maybe
just returns the default string.

Something like the attached patch should help.

Eike