[Kde-mobile-users] Re: Wanted: Help us to let Kontact Mobile stand the real world test

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Thu Nov 11 09:41:08 CET 2010

Am Mittwoch, 10. November 2010 23:30:11 schrieb Rolf Eike Beer:
> Ok, I had KMail started on the N900 and it lay just besides me for like
> half an hour. Now at least my inbox works as expected.

Good.

> Diving into the hierarchy still makes it crash immediately.

Can you try to produce a backtrace?

Install gdb, do the things in kmail-mobile.sh manually and run it via gdb.
You might also want to install the symbols, e.g. kdepim-dbg
depending on where the crash is to get a better backtrace.

Can you also check that "df" shows enough space in /opt?
Did you also try with a fresh config?
And cleaning out the outbox folder completely in the local folders?

Note that for a calender to work, you either need local files to be there
or a Kolab Server account. I can offer you a test account on demo.kolab.org
to see if this makes a difference for you.

Best,
Bernhard

Deputy Coordinator Germany: fsfe.org. Board member: www.kolabsys.com.