[Kde-mobile-users] Re: Wanted: Help us to let Kontact Mobile stand the real world test

Bjoern Ricks bjoern.ricks at intevation.de
Tue Nov 9 15:37:26 CET 2010

Hi,

after a month and approximately 10000 KDE svn commits we did release a new
unstable version of Kontact Mobile as Björn B. already mentioned.

This version got a lot of improvents (as always ;-)) and some nice and shiny
new features. E.g. a new status indicator, that shows if kontact mobile is
offline/online or syncing. The email list view is able to show threads
is now ~90% complete. And of course Kontact Mobile got some attention
regarding speed and memory consumption.

But maybe you would miss a feature from the last version. The X buttons in the
folder view got removed due to accidentally deletion of mails.

Some clarification about the qt4 packages: We received a lot of
questions why we are still using qt4-experimental and not the official
packages from pr1.3. First of all the main reason is we are lacking in time.
It would cost us some days to change, rebuild, update and test all our
packages and their dependencies to use the standard qt4 version shipped with
pr1.3. Second reason is that it is always possible to provide a newer version
of qt4-experimental but not for the default ones. We are already aware of some
issues that are caused by qt4. Therefore it may be nessesary to update the
qt4-experimental packags in the future.

Regards and happy testing,
Björn R.

Detailed changes:
2010-10-29
=======

Changes
-------

- Fix config change propagation in calendar
- In-process SMTP support for WinCE
- Optimize memory use in calendar
- Threaded message list in kmail-mobile
- Support mail filters in kmail-mobile
- Improved in-place category editing in calendar and task manager

Resolved Issues
---------------

254938 	Calendar Application cannot be started, due to error (property
onItemSelected)
255180 	Cannot create Appointment: Form not there
255193 	Mails in outbox not displayed anymore
254749 	Regression: Kolab resource-content does not appear in "tree"-view
255211 	Cannot create Notes
251469 	Deleting mails doesn't store a copy in Trash folder
249111 	No "Cancel" Button in "New Contact Group" dialog
255210 	Actions flap contains all possible sections
253295 	Missing sections in composers actions flap
255305 	Account wizard first page display problem after scrolling down and up
254079 	Superflous "KDE" and "Application" in package and desktop icon names.
249589 	Switching between emails by swiping does not work anymore.
253960 	view event: small icon before the orgainzer address is missing.
255206 	Edit/Add Host from Configuration shows unusable input fields without
labels
253291 	Crash of kmail-mobile at startup
253227 	Filter input makes creation of new notes difficult

2010-10-22
=======

Changes
-------

- Add configuration dialog for calendar, tasks and contact apps
- Use colors to indicate task status in the task manager
- Various optimizations in KMime, email (de)serialization and the ASAP parser
- Fix two crashes in the IMAP resource
- Fix hang on syncing IMAP accounts with locally unsubscribed folders
- Allow to create new emails based on templates
- Allow to always display completed todos at the end of the list in the task
manager
- Support MDN requesting
- Add missing attachment warning in mail composer
- Allow to configure LDAP accounts
- Add per-folder sync progress indicators

Resolved Issues
---------------

254938 	Calendar Application cannot be started, due to error (property
onItemSelected)
254246 	Registration of kolab account fails
254749 	Regression: Kolab resource-content does not appear in "tree"-view
246889 	sending mails failed
249893 	Cannot view senders email address
250570 	Conflict dialog is not readable
248984 	About page: please add installed version
253295 	Missing sections in composers actions flap
252273 	R: Imap do not sync anymore after modifying local subscription
249614 	"Pronunciation: Listen to name" does not work
253960 	view event: small icon before the orgainzer address is missing.
253291 	Crash of kmail-mobile at startup

2010-10-15
=======

Changes
-------

- Fix various UI state issues
- Optimize month view rendering
- Collapsable date groups in kmail-mobile header view
- Add report bug / feature request context action
- Fix crash in month view
- Fix too aggressive style propagation
- Add Make all subtasks independent context action in tasks-mobile
- Add configuration dialog in kmail-mobile
- Add Archive old entries context action in tasks-mobile
- Fix styling of date/time fields in the incidence editor
- Allow to configure calendar colors
- Fix name prefix/suffix widgets in address book
- Remove delete buttons in the mail header view, too dangerous
- Add calendar timeline view
- Add Purge completed tasks context action
- Add Reply without quoting context action
- Fix notes storage on Kolab
- Add Select all/Copy all context action to the email viewer
- Add Use fixed font context action to email viewer
- Fix inconsistent styling
- Fix l10n layouting issues
- Add Save as template context action im email composer
- Add Clean spaces/Add quotes/Remove quotes context actions in email composer
- Add spell checking support in email composer
- Add search/replace support in email composer
- Add Append/Prepend/Inser signature context actions in email composer
- Fix name pronunciation label in the contact editor
- Much more complete german translation
- Fix layout issues with various native dialogs

Resolved Issues
---------------

251469 	Deleting mails doesn't store a copy in Trash folder
251889 	No default account/folder present (notes-mobile)
254246 	Registration of kolab account fails
253952 	Entering attendee address failed: Switching letters
253958 	try to edit the second recurrence of an event throws broken msgs and
crashs.
248391 	Sometimes autocompletion changes letters (e.g. t->5)
251802 	Input fields for Participants misbehave
248792 	Dead buttons in "Select Categories" dialog
248873 	Multiple issues with Progressbar in New/Edit Task View
251596 	Attachment flap does not hide when switching from detail view back to
e.g. week view
251986 	"Email successfully sent" also on connection failures
249877 	Edit Folder, Cache Tabs content not readable
251086 	Missing "working week" view in Calendar
253476 	All IMAP folders show "No messages in this folder"
253954 	menu label should be "frontend" or more specific, but
not "application" or "KNotes"
249615 	Honorific {pre,suf}fixes employ confusing input widget
250608 	Text field too small to enter email signature text
248542 	Line edits too narrow in Edit Identity dialogue
248557 	Buttons too small in Edit Identity dialogue
250609 	HTML options not visible in Signature tab
252848 	ToDo/Reminder Dialog difficult to use
249110 	Wrong foldername in "Delete address book folder"
245379 	akonadi_kolabproxy_resource not available prevents creation of an
addressbook
250607 	Tab option selection zones too large
252634 	Cannot switch to "Month View" from Actions Flap
251336 	Authorization dialog for free busy contains to small input fields
250045 	German translation incomplete (~ 60% missing)
252909 	Display pbs in 'Expire Properties' dialogue
253477 	Closing the "Write new email" window should not ask if nothing was
entered
252524 	Appointment creation UI regression
249614 	"Pronunciation: Listen to name" does not work
249858 	Inconsistent naming of application
249624 	Left/Right buttons in Calendar View disturb reading the time scale
251898 	Can View calendar, folder selection and view buttons at the same time
253232 	In Home Screen, Favorites can be moved to another rest position to the
right
252852 	Wording Discrepancy: Favorites/ calendar selection
252139 	Contact Groups Action flap shows empty "Contact" section
253227 	Filter input makes creation of new notes difficult

2010-10-08
==========

Changes
-------

- Add global online/sync state indicator
- Allow to open attachments from the attachment flap in the message viewer
- Reduce memory use in the IMAP resource by about 10% during mailchecks
- Reduce CPU time use in the IMAP resource by about 25% during mailchecks
- Add close composer action
- Fix various keyboard input/autocompletion issues
- Add single attachment saving the message viewer
- Fix invitation sending
- Fix task completion slider ranges
- Avoid opening editors for the same item twice
- Add import/export of emails
- Add import/export of notes
- Fix too sensitive swipe gestures in agenda view
- Add support for creating sub-tasks
- Add upload/mail freebusy information context action to korganizer-mobile
- Add iCal/iTip scheduling context actions to korganizer-mobile
- Add save all attachment actions to calendar and task manager
- Add work week and 3 day views to korganizer-mobile

Resolved Issues
---------------

252962 	R: Kmail-mobile crashes when adding recipient
250439 	Notifications/Reminders do not work
252537 	Pressing Edit multiple times opens edit dialog multiple times
249995 	No Cancel/Discard option in Composer View
251538 	'Reply to All' does not work correctly
249620 	Application crashes when folder is touched for too long
248391 	Sometimes autocompletion changes letters (e.g. t->5)
249011 	Nepomuk Indexing Disabled
252935 	Search (filter) bar not displayed when when no item matches filter
252936 	Input to item filter can be made from homescreen - without feedback
251924 	Participants: Conflict Selection opens cute window
251326 	In maintenance view, selections change order of items
248390 	cannot set a todo to be done.
252148 	Copied mails are marked as unread
252027 	Selection of multiple mails with the same subject does not work
248359 	Sometimes folders overlap in the folder view.
252834 	"Move To" dialog does not show subfolders
248392 	Not possible to enter a subtasks.
248972 	Tasks with attachments lead to recurring conflict warnings
251802 	Input fields for Participants misbehave
250636 	Icons showing '?' in the Task/Event Attendee (participant) dialog
248792 	Dead buttons in "Select Categories" dialog
248873 	Multiple issues with Progressbar in New/Edit Task View
252245 	In Day/Week/Month- View unfunctional selection possible
251552 	Even small movements are changing the selected dates in korg-mobile
view
250435 	Cannot switch off Marcus Bains Line
248297 	Email address autocompletion not efficient for full address
248393 	Sometimes clicking on the first quarter of a note field in the notes
list doesn't open an editor.
249622 	Whole day event row not in line with calendar view
249741 	Dead buttons in notification area in flap
249858 	Inconsistent naming of application
248789 	Saving empty event fails without proper message
251316 	Im maintenance view, duration sometimes shown as "0 milliseconds

--
Bjoern Ricks |  ++49-541-335083-167  |  http://www.intevation.de/