[Kde-mobile-users] Re: Kontact_touch on HTC touch pro2

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Thu Dec 30 15:47:46 CET 2010

Hi Hendrik,

Am Mittwoch, 29. Dezember 2010 22:23:00 schrieb Henrik Lübbers:
> first: thank You all for this great programm!
>
> Never even thought about getting the chance of using kontact and gnupg on a
> windows mobile phone.
>
> Are You still interested in some feedback?

yes, thanks a lot for trying the application and writing down
your feedback! The development has been quite intense in the last week before
the holidays, but right now many developers are taking a rest.

> I downloaded the version as a cab file. The version seems to be from the
> 19.12.

Yes, this is the "unstable" version that you are currently guided to from
http://userbase.kde.org/Kontact_Touch
If you are more adventurous, you can also try the snapshots at:
http://files.kolab.org/local/windows-ce/Kontact-Mobile/snapshots/

Warning: your mileage might vary, keep backups.

> I had some trouble to set up my pop account.
> Trying the wizard it complains about < failing to load a script: "".  >

Pop was not optimised yet, so maybe this is a defect.

> imap works fine.but i don`t know yet, how to stop it from loading all the
> emails everytime i choose a folder or does it just takes some time to list
> the emails?

It takes a bit and also you can tune the imap sync intervall in the folder
settings.

> Nearly two of three times i try to compose a new email it stops working and
> i have to start it again or restart the phone because it won`t show the
> composer windows again.

We had an issue with several composer windows being started on top of each
other and then blocking too much memory. This should be solved in the next
unstable version and might be solved in the snapshots.

> If i want to send the message it complains about a wrong pass/user (maybe
> my fault but i think i spelled everything right) or a strange error message
> like "go ahead" but it fails to send.
>
> I am sorry that i cannot give any details. Can i find a log somewhere?

Check the configuration of your transport(s), you can get there
from the menu in the composer.

> Is it possible to use the config-files instead of the wizard?

You could, but you would need to know the KDE based config files in great
detail. Better use the configuration from the frontends itself.

> I really like the design. it pulls your attention to the important things.
> i had to get used to the action-bar on the left. but it`s a nice thing
> once you know it.
>
> it is slow, but i am really looking forward to use it.

Thanks for feedback, this is important to us!

> Is it possible in the future to start the different applications from a
> menu like the desktop-kontact.

Technically we only have five frontends to a single backend application. It
would be cool if somebody would develop something to integrate the infos
from the backend into the windows mobile application screen or htc touch flow
3d, we will not do htc touch flow3d integration as it stands today.

Best,
Bernhard

Deputy Coordinator Germany: fsfe.org. Board member: www.kolabsys.com.