[Kde-mobile-users] Re: Maemo5/N900 Kontact Touch

Ludwig Reiter ludwig.reiter at intevation.de
Wed Dec 15 12:53:11 CET 2010

Hi,

I checked the problems with testing version n900
4.6~20101206.1203326-1maemo1.1204119

Am Mittwoch, 15. Dezember 2010 08:47:45 schrieb Rolf Eike Beer:
> Am Dienstag, 14. Dezember 2010, 22:43:58 schrieb Rolf Eike Beer:
> > Things that still do not work:
> >
> > -sending mail and being able to read the error message

Sending mail worked fine for me. Perhaps you need to use a fresh
configuration, or set a transport. (in the compoer Actions->(scroll
to)->Composer-> Configure Transport)

I can reproduce the "send later" problem.
Created for this problem:
KDE Bug 259938 -  The action sending later hangs the composer.

> -the favourite list should show the amount of unread mails as they are also
> shown in the folder list

Created wish:
KDE Bug 259941 -  favorite folder list should contain Unread counts

> -emails with long subjects (like this thread) will make the header view
> look ugly as the line is wrapped and the second half of the line overwrites
> the line with author and date of the mail

Reproducable, created following tracker issue:
KDE Bug 259939 -  In the view of a mail with long subject the subject line
overwrites the line under the subject line

> -I had marked 3 mails there and deleted them. Afterwards the action list on
> the left had not reset to empty, but still the actions for those mails were
> shown ("delete 3 mails") even if those mails were already gone

Reproducable, created following tracker issue:
KDE Bug 259944 -  maintaince mode: After deletion of three mails menue
entry "delete 3 mails" doesn't switch back to "delete mail"

> annoying slow. This is a general akonadi problem, it happens in the desktop
> version too. It would be much less an issue if the most recent mails were
> loaded first as those are the ones that one likely would look at first and
> which are on top of the view anyway.

It is a known problem, that on the n900 it needs long to sync and display
mails. (see KDE Bug 257308 -  performance problem: Kontact mobile
needs too long to display the new mails of a subfolder)

> -while I was loading such a folder I tried to collapse one month while the
> messages were still loading -> crash. Haven't tried to reproduce or debug
> yet.

I couldn't reproduce this problem here. In my test I have synced 250 mails in
a test folder to the account and collapsed and decollapsed while syncing.
But I couldn't reproduce the crash.

Regards,
Ludwig

--
Intevation GmbH, Osnabrück
Firmensitz: Neuer Graben 17, 49074 Osnabrück