[Kde-mobile-users] Re: Maemo5/N900 Kontact Touch (Re: New KDE PIM testing packages for Maemo)

Rolf Eike Beer kde at opensource.sf-tec.de
Wed Dec 15 10:06:45 CET 2010

Am Mittwoch 15 Dezember 2010, 09:38:16 schrieb Bernhard Reiter:
> Am Mittwoch, 15. Dezember 2010 08:47:45 schrieb Rolf Eike Beer:
> > Am Dienstag, 14. Dezember 2010, 22:43:58 schrieb Rolf Eike Beer:
> > > Things that still do not work:
> > >
> > > -sending mail and being able to read the error message
> >
> > The reason for this is very likely that I do not have outgoing servers
> > configured, at least I can't choose any in the identity setup. But I
> > can't find any place where I can :(
>
> Open a composer, in the actions menu scroll down to Composer
> and then chose to configure the transports.
> (When adding an account the account wizard shoud have created a
transport
> for you.)

I think it should, but there was none. Anyway, now there is one. Although I
think that place it hidden pretty good, I searched in account and identity
settings.

> > -when I go into that folder edit mode (where I can delete mails and
> > such) I can't find any way to get out of this. Tipping the folder name,
> > double tipping, sliding left and ridht, menu (there is none, ok),
> > nothing works. At the end I closed the program and restarted.
>
> Tipping on the right side of the folder name returns to the regular view.
> Maybe you tipped to far to the left.

I would bet money that I clicked there a few times. At least now when I tried
again it worked.

> > annoying slow. This is a general akonadi problem, it happens in the
> > desktop version too. It would be much less an issue if the most recent
> > mails were loaded first as those are the ones that one likely would
> > look at first and which are on top of the view anyway.
>
> I've heard that with Kontact Desktop we can load and display 20 000
emails
> in three seconds. Given that the new model can do a lot more than the old
> one, this is really fast. I agree that it is a bit too slow on the N900
> right now.

Neither do I have a hexacore in my laptop nor in my phone. And I bet that
time can only be reached when the folder has been loaded before (i.e. Not
everything has to come from disk).

I can mail now! Awesome!

Ok, next things:

-the splash screen still says Kontact Mobile, not Kontact Touch,

-sometimes folders show up as if they had subfolders in the folder list even
if they have not. This goes away once the folder is opened and all mails are
displayed.

Eike