[Kde-mobile-users] Some pitfalls when trying to install kdepim

Rolf Eike Beer kde at opensource.sf-tec.de
Thu Aug 12 09:02:03 CEST 2010

Hi,

in preparation of my new toy which will hopefully arrive today I thought I put
everything in my scratchbox first. I basically used the instructions for
installation on the phone to get things into there, but there were some
pitfalls:

-the installation of mysql-server fails. For the first time it failed because
it could not find "Dialog", I guess there is a dependency missing, "apt-get
install dialog" fixed that. Afterwards there was still an error at the end of
"apt-get install kdepim-mobile" but I could not see what the real problem was

-too bad that there are no packages for X86 so I could try them out with
Xephyr...

-I thought that a KDE installation without KGpg is bad so wanted to see if I
could compile that for ARMEL. Is there a chance that we see some sort of *-
devel packages? Compiling half the stack again just doesn't seem right to me
(lazyness, waste of time, you name it). I just need gpg and kdepimlibs (and
their dependencies), both are already there for kdepim-mobile.

Greetings,

Eike (with a feeling like the day before Xmas *g*)