Minimum required version of macOS

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Mon Jan 2 22:13:46 GMT 2023

On Monday January 02 2023 22:46:42 Stefan Gerlach wrote:
>On 1/2/23 18:53, René J.V. Bertin wrote:
>> What's the minimum required Qt version for KF5 101? If you're using that Qt version (i.e. not a newer one) and get a build failure (what line?) you should be filing a bug report.
>
>That's a strong statement.

Well, OK, you should be filing a bug report if it's clear that you're not dealing with something like using an inappropriate compiler, or a headerfile that is somehow missing.

>KF5 101 requires Qt 5.15.2 which supports macOS 10.13 or later [1]. I'm using Craft which already fails on macOS
>10.14.

>I'm filling a bug report for kguiaddons using a macOS 11.0+ SDK method [2].

Yeah, that shouldn't be necessary. With a few exceptions the frameworks have always been pitched as KDE's rather generic extensions to Qt, so IMHO it makes sense that they should be supported on the same platforms on which the minimum required Qt version is supported.