Translations on Mac (was Translations)

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Fri Sep 15 10:47:13 UTC 2017

On Saturday September 09 2017 00:18:09 Jasem Mutlaq wrote:

I'd say "anything is possible", including reproducing an "XDG-compliant" tree structure inside a Mac app bundle or a MSWin install directory. For app bundles it's not uncommon in other projects, AFAIK, configuring with something like

--prefix=/path/to/Foo.app/Contents --bindir=$prefix/MacOS

Of course that means you end up with a non-relocatable app bundle, or a MSWin installer that can only target a single install location.

If craft knows how to use relative install locations, and the various KF5 work with that, great. But it'd have to be done in a way that's compatible with QStandardPaths.

R.