D7401: Solid/Mac : fleshing out the skeleton IOKit backend (WIP)

René J.V. Bertin noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Mon Oct 23 10:53:48 UTC 2017

rjvbb marked 7 inline comments as done.
rjvbb added inline comments.

INLINE COMMENTS

> anthonyfieroni wrote in iokitdevice.cpp:293-294
> break after return is useless

I know, I do this as a matter of principle (and I'll leave it in since I'll undoubtedly be the principal maintainer of this code for  the foreseeable future).

> anthonyfieroni wrote in iokitmanager.cpp:95-98
> QStrinLiteral

No, not here. Check the return type and what the returned strings are used for.

> anthonyfieroni wrote in iokitopticaldrive.h:33
> I see that all classes have a virtual inheritance but i don't see they are exported.

Did you see that this is also the case in the other backends, at least the ones I used for reference (hal and udisk)?

As I said, I'm not familiar enough with the construct to know what difference this would make at runtime.
Shouldn't changing this be the focus of a different patch and review, tackling all backends at once?

REPOSITORY
  R245 Solid

REVISION DETAIL
  https://phabricator.kde.org/D7401