Could you take a look at Simon (speech recognition) on Mac

Mario Fux kde-ml at unormal.org
Thu Mar 30 22:05:59 UTC 2017

Am Mittwoch, 29. März 2017, 22:53:40 CEST schrieb René J.V. Bertin:
> On Wednesday March 29 2017 14:42:51 Mario Fux wrote:
>
> Hi Mario,

Morning René

> > Yes, sorry. Had the same problem with an old Debian release. Somehow in if
> > SPHINX_0_8 doesn't work there anymore. But the patch below should fix it
> > (just not yet the solutation I want to commit).
>
> Indeed. With that patch the code builds against what we currently have in
> MacPorts and to my surprise it also runs.

Nice, thanks ;-9.

> It even finds the simond app,
> despite the fact that it's installed as an app bundle. That's something you
> need to look into probably, anything that's supposed to be started by
> regular system() or exec*() calls should in principle be built as a regular
> Unix executable. I've forgotten how that worked for KDE4; with KF5 you can
> simply use ecm_mark_nongui_executable()...

Ok, thanks for this hint. Will think about when we finish the port to KF%.

> The wizard for downloading models doesn't work too well though: it gives a
> whole list or irrelevant hits (themes, desktop images, etc) and 2 or 3
> German models.

Yes, we hope to fix it for the beta release.

> Is this supposed to work for dictation too?

Not yet. There was a proof-of-concept by the former maintainer Peter Grasch
(grasch.net) some years ago. Currently we're just trying to bring back life to
Simon.

Oh and thanks for the other mail and the Macports!

> Cheers,
> René

griits
Mario