D5089: KDE compiler settings fail to consider AppleClang

René J.V. Bertin noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Fri Mar 17 18:16:38 UTC 2017

rjvbb added a comment.

  In https://phabricator.kde.org/D5089#95732, @apol wrote:

  > Maybe it would make sense to use MATCHES? are there any other *Clang*?

  That was my first idea, use `MATCHES "*Clang"`, but then I realised I have no idea if there are other SomethingClang. Searching the CMake sources for `[^"]Clang"` shows only AppleClang but I also see Android-Clang.cmake and Windows-Clang.cmake files. If we don't worry about the sudden future introduction of new AndroidClang, WindowsClang or FooClang IDs then yes, using MATCHES will be cleaner.

  Come to think of it, it might actually be better because all possible Clang flavours will be covered. After all there's only 1 Clang check currently that's Apple specific, and I left that one alone because it shouldn't trigger on Mac.

  I'll see what others think.

REPOSITORY
  R240 Extra CMake Modules

REVISION DETAIL