D5089: KDE compiler settings fail to consider AppleClang

René J.V. Bertin noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Fri Mar 17 17:02:23 UTC 2017

rjvbb created this revision.
rjvbb added projects: Build System, Frameworks.

REVISION SUMMARY
  KDECompilerSettings.cmake and KDEFrameworksCompilerSettings.cmake fail to consider the fact that cmake considers Apple's clang compiler to be different (differences that exist but are largely irrelevant for KDE and the ECM in particular).

  I just ran into a failure building the KJs 5.32.0 framework as a result, using the system/Xcode clang compiler for OS X 10.9.5 . The build system had failed to put the compiler into C++11 mode.

  This patch address the issue by checking the CMAKE_*_COMPILER_ID against both "Clang" and "AppleClang". A more elegant approach may be possible with regexp pattern matching but might cause problems if other clang flavours exist and match that shouldn't .

TEST PLAN
  With this patch KJs builds without further errors. I will update this ticket should I run into unforeseen side-effects.

REPOSITORY
  R240 Extra CMake Modules

REVISION DETAIL
  https://phabricator.kde.org/D5089

AFFECTED FILES
  kde-modules/KDECompilerSettings.cmake
  kde-modules/KDEFrameworkCompilerSettings.cmake