D4929: DrKonqi : lldb support (and cross-platform adaptation)

René J.V. Bertin noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Fri Mar 3 22:26:48 UTC 2017

rjvbb created this revision.
rjvbb added a project: Plasma: Workspaces.
Restricted Application edited projects, added Plasma; removed Plasma: Workspaces.

REVISION SUMMARY
  As touched upon previously, DrKonqi is a utility that can be very useful outside of Plasma desktop environments too, and as such it should at the very least have basic support for the lldb debugger.

  This patch introduces that support, providing useful backtraces in bug tickets created through DrKonqi. Attaching lldb to the crashed executable is currently done through a wrapper script that invokes Apple's Terminal.app but that approach is open for discussion.

  I've included a few minor adaptations for cross-platform/non Plasma use of DrKonqi (preserve existing app/window icons when QIcon::fromTheme() fails and forcing DrKonqi to the foreground on Mac).

TEST PLAN
  This patch has been tested on Mac for over a year now; I have submitted numerous bug reports with it.

  The backtrace parser could probably be improved.

REPOSITORY
  R120 Plasma Workspace

REVISION DETAIL
  https://phabricator.kde.org/D4929

AFFECTED FILES
  drkonqi/CMakeLists.txt
  drkonqi/aboutbugreportingdialog.cpp
  drkonqi/backtracegenerator.cpp
  drkonqi/backtracegenerator.h
  drkonqi/backtracewidget.cpp
  drkonqi/bugzillaintegration/reportassistantdialog.cpp
  drkonqi/data/AppleTerminal
  drkonqi/data/CMakeLists.txt
  drkonqi/data/debuggers/external/lldbrc
  drkonqi/data/debuggers/internal/lldbrc