Building RKWard on Mac (continued from private discussion)

Thomas Friedrichsmeier thomas.friedrichsmeier at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Thu Jun 8 18:37:58 UTC 2017

Hi René,

thanks for taking a look. I've tried to incorporate your remarks as
far as I understood them.

On Thu, 08 Jun 2017 17:40:37 +0200
René J.V. Bertin <rjvbertin at gmail.com> wrote:
[...]

> qt5-kde is designed to be (and "somewhat tested") a drop-in
> replacement for qt5-qtbase c.s. Once you install it all ports
> depending on Qt5 change their "depspecs" and will thus not attempt to
> install a wrong Qt5 port in addition to what you already have.
> Despite being a drop-in replacement you'll still rebuilding the Qt5
> ports from source, though. That's hopefully not more than a
> precaution, but a necessary one if I want to get my ports accepted.

Ah, good to know, indeed (but not something to detail in the Wiki, I
think).

However, suppose I already have qt5 and a bunch of dependent ports
installed: What would be the best way to switch to qt5-kde?

> - why do you need port:coreutils with the other MacPorts-based
> approach?

Craft needs "realpath". Or something similar. Don't press me on the
details, but I actually tried without coreutils, myself, before adding
this bit.

Regards
Thomas