[KDE/Mac] plasma-desktop on other environments (bis)

René J. V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Mon May 23 20:36:53 UTC 2016

I've added a few (4) more screenshots to the RR
(https://git.reviewboard.kde.org/r/126198/), showing a pure stock KF5-on-OS-X
look and feel vs. one provided by my platform theme plugin with its default
settings (i.e. without ~/.config/kdeglobals).

The behaviour of 2 of the KCMs in absence of a ~/.config/kdeglobals surprises me
a bit. The "application style" KCM doesn't show the active style nor the style
name that the platform plugin would return, but the Breeze style instead.
The fonts KCM also doesn't list the fonts from the DefaultFontData table in
kfontsettingsdata but rather what seems to be a hardcoded list of typefaces.

Is that correct (I haven't yet had the occasion to figure out exactly what the
code does, sorry for that)?
Would it be possible (and wouldn't it be preferable) to initialise these items
with the actual defaults provided by the plugin (or else by Qt)?