[KDE/Mac] Fwd: Re: Review Request 127822: address the potential name/case clash of the Attica/Attica and Attica/attica header dirs

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Tue May 3 15:40:40 UTC 2016

Helo,

As you may have seen from my reply to Aleix, it actually appears to have become somewhat of a de-facto standard to have "regular" header files in a directory KF5/Foo/foo and the corresponding "CamelCase" headers in KF5/Foo/Foo .

I know we have had issues with this kind of behaviour in MacPorts when installing to a case-insensitive partition (which is of course still the default with OS X). I think that was with Attica, but am not very sure about that. I've never been concerned directly since I personally have MacPorts installed on a case-sensitive partition.

Does anyone have a better memory than I, Nicolas maybe? Marko, did you run into this issue when installing KF5 through my ports (or otherwise) and using them?
The sheer amount of KF5 frameworks concerned means (IMVHO) that we should really strive for an upstream solution rather than having to maintain our own set of patches ...