[KDE/Mac] kde-mac Digest, Vol 76, Issue 7

Jonathan Schultz jonathan at imatix.com
Fri Mar 25 11:33:20 UTC 2016

> If you're not dead-set on using Qt 5.6.0 I'd advise you to use
> qt5-kde and qt5-kde-x11, which provide Qt 5.5.1 and are better
> tested.

I don't have any firm preference for one or another version of Qt. But
it would be nice to use the same version for my Linux, Windows and Mac
builds, and 5.5.1 seems like a good choice for doing that.

The thing is I don't see any sign of qt5-kde or qt5-kde-x11. That is
'port search qt5-kde' only reveals packages named qt5-kde-devel-...
That's why I assumed that I'd need to use one of qt5-kde-devel-x11 or
qt54-kde-x11. I thought I followed the instructions from your Readme to
the letter, but it sounds like I must have done something wrong.

> Did qt5-kde-devel itself install correctly? It should be a dependency
> for qt5-kde-devel-x11, but I've never tried to install the x11
> subport from scratch myself.  In any case I don't see how
> qt5-kde-devel-x11 could be trying to clone
> qtwebkit-opensource-src-5.6.0 . I'd need to see the terminal output
> from the command you ran, started with the -v option (`port -v [your
> other arguments]`).

I'm not sure if this will tell you much, but here is the output from
that command:

> mavericks-clone:~ jschultz$ sudo port -v install qt5-kde-devel
> --->  Computing dependencies for qt5-kde-devel.
> --->  Extracting qt5-kde-devel
> --->  Extracting qt-everywhere-opensource-src-5.6.0.tar.xz
> --->  Fetching qtwebkit
> Cloning into 'qtwebkit-opensource-src-5.6.0'...
> fatal: Remote branch 5.6.0 not found in upstream origin
> Command failed: git clone --depth=1 --no-single-branch -b 5.6.0 -n git://code.qt.io/qt/qtwebkit.git qtwebkit-opensource-src-5.6.0
> Exit code: 128
> Error: org.macports.extract for port qt5-kde-devel returned: command execution failed
> Warning: targets not executed for qt5-kde-devel: org.macports.activate org.macports.extract org.macports.patch org.macports.configure org.macports.build org.macports.destroot org.macports.install
> Please see the log file for port qt5-kde-devel for details:
>     /opt/local/var/macports/logs/_opt_local_site-ports_aqua_qt5-kde-devel/qt5-kde-devel/main.log
> To report a bug, follow the instructions in the guide:
>     http://guide.macports.org/#project.tickets
> Error: Processing of port qt5-kde-devel failed
> mavericks-clone:~ jschultz$

Best,
Jonathan